Senior DevOps Engineer, London (Jenkins 2.0, Ansible, Docker, Pipeline CI CD) Contract, 6 months
DevOps Engineer for set up, scaling and maintenance of continuous integration and deployment automation tools (Ansible, Docker, Jenkins 2.0, Pipeline) for large digital programme in Central London.
- Creation of application pipelines for transactional platforms and payment gateways.
- Continuous development, build and optimisation of single end to end extensible frameworks that can holistically deploy Front End, Back End, API and Big Data pipelines for Enterprise scale applications.
- Extensive and current hands-on experience creating application build pipelines
- Hands on skills and project experience with Automated package delivery tools – one or more of Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Strong skills with build management servers such as Jenkins 2.0
- Docker, Pipeline as code or other container technologies knowledge
- Expert level proficiency in Shell Scripting and in one or more of the open source scripting languages Groovy, Python and Ruby
- Working knowledge of Tomcat and Websphere application servers and Java containers
- Basic infrastructure knowledge – Operating Systems, VM s, Containers, Proxy, Nginx
- Strong awareness of the software build cycle
- Willingness to drive our clients to a true modern DevOps culture
- A strong understanding of the entire DevOps tool chain from a quality perspective
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have
- Good understanding of PaaS and Container infrastructure, preferably Cloud foundry and Kubernetes
- Experience of working with cloud providers (eg AWS)