DevOps (Developer background) ideally Full Stack Java for large CI/CD digital banking transformation programme in Edinburgh, long term contract and excellent rates.
Experienced DevOps Engineer from coding (ideally full stack java) and development background, understand the entire DevOps toolchain from a quality perspective, and have the ability to work as a team, mentoring and assisting others when necessary.
You will be expected to solve the challenges of making a large distributed application a continuous delivery environment. This will involve designing solutions and implementing the solutions using a combination of Java and Scripting skills for automation.
- Solid Developer oriented DevOps background
- Software development experience in Java or Scala
- Experience with Scripting using Python or similar programming language
- Experience working in an agile team with focus on continuous integration and deployment of mission critical applications
- Experience working on large scale projects in an agile environment.
- Experience with the Gradle build tool, Jenkins and Maven
- Expertise in DevOps open source Scripting languages ie Groovy or Python
- Good understanding of Jenkins
- Jenkins, in particular, building pipelines and pipeline as a code
- Experience with containers, Kubernetes, Docker
- Understanding of application deployment orchestration tools
You will create tools and applications for the bank using cutting-edge technologies on a project expected to last at least 3-4 years.
This advert was posted by Staffworx Limited – a UK based recruitment consultancy supporting the global E-commerce, software & consulting sectors. Services advertised by Staffworx are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.
Staffworx operate a referral scheme of £500 or new iPad for each successfully referred candidate, if you know of someone suitable please forward for consideration.