As a client facing Senior Performance Engineer in our Professional Services Commerce team, you’ll enjoy working with the UK’s leading B2C blue chip clients and leading systems and technology partners, as an application performance engineering subject matter expert, you’ll enjoy a flexible working culture and up to 20% travel.
What to expect as a Senior Performance Engineer
- You will engage with and lead partners and customers to help them effectively incorporate performance planning and testing methodologies into their project plans
- You will bring a performance perspective to solution architecture and design, to help partners and customers understand how design and implementation choices can impact our market leading API microservices eCommerce solution performance
- As an expert troubleshooter you will lead investigations to identify and analyze customizations, architectural decisions or integrated systems preventing the client’s eCommerce solution from achieving performance targets
- You will leverage your experience with partners and customers to identify opportunities to improve and optimize performance in the product. You will work closely with product engineers to influence and prioritize performance-related requirements.
- You will be exposed to the many and varied technologies and solution that our products, partners and customers use and adopt, so you will be constantly learning.
Once you join our team, you will be accountable for helping partners and customers create and follow good performance planning, design and testing practices:
- Describe the performance goals and requirements for their eCommerce implementations
- Influence the design of the system and customizations to meet the overall performance, reliability, and scalability goals
- Work with the team to design and implement performance test plans and test cases to measure the teams’ proximity to the goals
- Analyze test results and make tactical and strategic recommendations to improve performance and scalability via architecture, infrastructure, and software designs
What characteristics will you have?
- You are an effective team player but can also work independently with a “can-do” attitude.
- You are an excellent problem solver, technical analyst, troubleshooter and debugger
- You stay cool under pressure, and help the team identify and focus on priorities
- You are comfortable working with business leaders as well as technical teams
- You have great communication skills and can adapt your messaging appropriately to different stakeholders
- You are smart, very talented and like working with smart and talented people.
- You know that performance testing is critical to any successful software project. You enjoy finding ways to stress test a system to its knees and see it fall over… then learning why.
What experience do you need to remarkable in this position?
- 3+ years working as a highly technical performance engineer
- Troubleshooting and working with enterprise customers on severity-1 production performance issues and outages
- Leading discussions with business and technical leaders to identify and agree on performance goals
- Crafting and implementing performance test plans.
- Developing and running load testing and endurance testing scripts and tools such as jMeter
- Investigating and identifying performance issues and bottlenecks, and recommending solutions
- A computer science degree or equivalent education or experience
- 2+ years of developing, testing or troubleshooting Java applications
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Java thread analysis, JVM heap and garbage collection anaylysis
- Application performance monitoring tools such as Dynatrace, New Relic, AppDynamics
- SQL query profiling and analysis
- Java Application Servers such as Apache Tomcat
- Caching solutions such as Ehcache, Redis
- Messaging and middleware tools such as Apache MQ, Amazon SQS
- Relational database system such as MySQL, Oracle, Amazon RDS and Aurora
Kudos points for …
- Experience with performance tuning of enterprise-class global eCommerce sites
- Experience with event-driven architectures
- DBA experience
- Experience with Docker containers
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and/or Azure
We’ll reward your effort and remarkable contribution with:
- Excellent salary, strong bonus scheme, £1,500 per person annual training allowance
- Gym allowance, medical insurance, life assurance, dental and pension plan
- Our recognition bonuses from the Executive Team and our peer to peer monthly awards
- Training allowances and a philosophy to promote from within the company
- Corporate fun days to celebrate our successes and volunteer days so you can give back to the community
- Modern, open office concept, with great accessibility to transport
This advert was posted by Staffworx Limited – a UK based recruitment consultancy supporting the global E-commerce, software & consulting sectors.
Services advertised by Staffworx are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Staffworx operate a referral scheme of £500 or new iPad for each successfully referred candidate, if you know of someone suitable please forward for consideration
#staffworx #recruitmentpartner #ecommercejobs #headless #api #ecommerce #performancetuning