AWS Cloud Engineer
Working with leading online retailer, client specific projects as well as hosted ecommerce cloud software, you will enhance, optimize, and maintain computing capabilities across the technical landscape
- Manage Cloud infrastructure from the console, CloudFormation, or using the CLI.
- Utilize automation tools such as Terraform, Ansible, or similar.
- Assist with upgrading, installing, configuring, and monitoring solutions for AWS for Linux servers
- AWS resources and their management
- VPC concepts: route tables, public/private subnets, subnets association, VPC peering
- EC2 concepts: instance images, backups, volumes/snapshots management
- RDS concepts: databases in AWS, operating, backups/snapshots
- Infrastructure-as-Code and configuration management (eg Terraform, AWS CDK/Cloudformation, Ansible)
- Experience with Docker containers and container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes EKS/AKS/GKE, APIs and – microservices.
- Linux, Docker containers, web troubleshooting
- basics of docker and docker-compose. Writing specs and spinning up containers
- basics of Apache, web proxying and httpd configuration
- Linux services, tracing status, monitoring logs. Inspecting anomalies such as disk full, services not responding,
- debugging faulty HTTP services
- Knowledge of SQL and No-SQL database
- Web technologies: http(s) protocol, web servers and proxies (httpd, nginx, haproxy), load balancing
- Scripting and automation: Python, Typescript, bash
- Best practices, ie. security and reusability
Immediate availability ideally as live project to join remotely
- OUTSIDE IR35 – this assignment will fall outside of scope of IR35 legislation
#cloudops #cloudengineer #aws #cloudoperations #remote #wfh #contractjobs
If you’re interested in this opportunity, please email your latest CV with expectations and availability
This advert was posted by Staffworx Limited – a UK based recruitment consultancy supporting the global E-commerce, software & consulting sectors. Services advertised by Staffworx are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.
Staffworx operate a referral scheme of £500 or new iPad for each successfully referred candidate, if you know of someone suitable please forward for consideration