Java and/or Kotlin Software Solutions Architect, Engineering Lead (client facing) train in blockchain / distributed ledger systems
Leading provider fintech software products and solutions, looking for experience software solutions architect with strengths in latest DevOps driven software architectures incorporating latest cloud based distributed systems, an interest in blockchain / crypto currencies beneficial, but key is strong customer facing software architect with a passion for software engineering and solution building. The role is home based, will involve customer facing / interaction, albeit remote for the time being and short term customer trips in the longer term.
- Facilitate architectural and design workshops with customers to understand their distributed ledger use-case.
- Based on these workshops, design customer solutions, map customer requirements to product features, understand gaps, create target architecture and design documents to enable the build phase.
- Lead development of solutions with inhouse or customer development teams using Java/Kotlin and technologies leveraging Agile or Waterfall methodologies whilst promoting good software development practices.
- Provide Infrastructure blueprints leveraging containers and Kubernetes for deployment on common clouds offerings such as Azure, AWS or GCW to help provision with Terraform and Ansible.
- Facilitate customer training workshops customising content to fit customer needs to educate our customers on product base.
- Provide new insights to various business applications, working with the relevant design teams internally to ensure these are reflected in our product documentation.
- Identify opportunities to expand customer relationship and associated opportunities for services.
- Participate in internal/external events to help promote product presence.
- Provide visibility into project requirements to assist product development teams further enhance platform/product capabilities.
- Help customers with their go-live activities, advising on all matters related to security, infosec and GIS, helping with non-functional requirements, such as performance testing and disaster recovery.
- Previous experience in working in customer-facing roles.
- Understand how to convert business requirements into solution designs, demonstrating good judgement, and a pragmatic approach that combines business constraints and engineering realities.
- You must demonstrate high levels of proficiency in software development tasks, ideally in Kotlin, Java, or other JVM-based languages.
- Understanding of, Linux, Containers, Kubernetes and CI/CD for Jenkins is required for this role, a true engineer who understands the concept of ‘you build it you run it’, someone with a passion for dev-ops.
- A polyglot programmer who has an amplitude to pick up other languages other than Java/Kotlin.
- Good stakeholder management skills to navigate uncertainty and risks appropriately and ability to escalate when required.
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences with good presentation skills with natural flair confidence with customers.
- An entrepreneurial and analytical mindset that enables you to contribute to wider team innovation and improvement projects.
- Have a good sense of urgency and know-how to prioritise.
- Willingness to juggle multiple customers and opportunities.
- Experience in Trade Finance or Capital Markets.
- Experience in the payments space.
- Previous development of blockchain or distributed ledger technologies and an understanding of distributed architecture.
#javaarchitect #java #kotlin #blockchain #cryptojobs #staffworx #talentpartner #fintechjobs #blockchainjobs #ditributedledgers #solutionsarchitectjobs #azure #aws #gcp #kotlinjobs #fullstackjobs #kubernetes #staffworx #talentpartner #crypto
If you’re interested in this opportunity, please email your latest CV, or call James for more information. (see below). Staffworx Limited are a UK based recruitment consultancy supporting the global digital, E-commerce, software & business consulting sectors. Staffworx operate a referral scheme of £500 or new iPad for each successfully referred candidate, if you know of someone suitable please forward for consideration