Part-Qualified or Accounting Graduate with 1-2 years commercial experience. Based in lovely offices in London Bridge. This Software provider has 3 brands based in London, mainland Europe, USA, Latin America, Canada and Asia.
As the Assistant Accountant you will report to the Finance Manager and contributes to the financial processing, monitoring, control and reporting of our entities across the Americas and UK. The Assistant Accountant also provides support to the finance team by providing up to date and accurate financial information.
You will work closely with the Director and Manager of the Finance Group on number of entities, which varies in size and complexity. The Assistant Accountant contributes to the success by ensuring that the financial aspects of assigned entities is managed to the highest possible standard.
In the achievement of this, the Assistant Accountant will be responsible for:
- Maintaining supplier’s records, checking and processing authorised suppliers, contractor’s invoices and staff expense claims in a timely and effective manner
- Preparation of weekly payments for our entities in USA, Canada, LATAM and UK
- Processing daily bank transactions and completing bank reconciliations
- Preparation of weekly cash flow for our entities in USA, Canada, LATAM and UK
- Preparation and submission of VAT and other local taxes
- Preparation of monthly Invoicing for intercompany recharges and netting off intercompany balances
- Preparation of monthly journals (Prepayments, accruals, fixed assets and others)
- Balance sheet and profit and loss reconciliations
- Managing entities debtors and creditors ledgers
- Month end Financial Reporting
- Completing the year-end analysis and assisting in preparation for and during the statutory audits
- Maintaining the Global compliance file
- Be responsible for other ad-hoc duties where needed
- Proactive approach to managing their workload and be able to display initiative when problem solving.
- Able to communicate confidentially with all levels of staff and suppliers, including our international stakeholders, by email, on the phone and/or in person.
- Analytical, with the ability to think outside of the box and identify issues that need addressing before they occur.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills and be able to prioritise multiple requests from internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven experience of meeting strict deadlines and being able to remain calm and under pressure
- A team player, able to work effectively in small groups and on their own initiative
- Sense of humour, personable and able to cope well under stress
- Excellent written and verbal English skills, additional languages will be a plus
- High attention to detail
- Structured and organised with a proven ability to demonstrate initiative in a work environment
- Confident and resourceful
- Flexible approach with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to handle sensitive matters confidentially and with discretion
Education and Experience:
- Ideally part-qualified CIMA or ACCA accountant or accounting graduate with 1-2 years commercial experience.
- Prior commercial experience in an accounting based/related commercial finance department and strong understanding of the relevant accounting principles
- Demonstrable IT skills including competency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel. Experience in the use of accounting packages (Preferably Xero or similar) is essential
- Practical accounting experience particularly with large multi-year contracts in an international setting with exposure to foreign exchange
- Prior experience working in a global services company with multiple currencies viewed favourably
If you’re interested in this opportunity, please email your latest CV, or call James for more information.
This advert was posted by Staffworx Limited – a UK based recruitment consultancy supporting the global E-commerce, software & consulting sectors.
Services advertised by Staffworx are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.
Staffworx operate a referral scheme of £500 or new iPad for each successfully referred candidate, if you know of someone suitable please forward for consideration