ATG Architect, contract- Oracle ATG/Web Commerce Solutions Architect/Technical Design Authority for large B2C & B2B omni-channel provider.
As an experienced ATG architect you must have solid experience in building ATG and J2EE applications, particularly enterprise web apps
Responsible for the design and development of Oracle ATG Web Commerce architecture, lead the architecture, design, and development of web applications using Java and J2EE technologies, Websphere/Weblogic/JBoss, XML/XSLT, Web Services, JDBC, SOAP, Content Management System,
8+ years Oracle ATG eCommerce Platform and experience
You will be responsible for:
- Providing inspirational and passionate technical leadership throughout the life-cycle of ATG Commerce application development projects
- Solution architecting, design, development and roll out of the ATG based solution
- Performance Tuning of ATG Applications
- Implement integrations of the core eCommerce platform to the third party integrations identified
- Evaluate and anticipate the impact of technical solutions on related projects
- Evaluate projects and drive outcomes based on the impact of hardware or software upgrades on new and existing applications
- Understand interrelationships and the impact of systems and applications upon the enterprise wide technical environment
- Have the ability to really push the envelope and get the most out of the technology at hand.
- Develop and maintain application architecture standards, policies and procedures
- Work with business user teams to discuss, recommend, explain, and reconcile desired functionality and technology capabilities.
- Create and contribute to a team culture of innovation, performance and quality
- Ability to think strategically and drive development strategies and tactics that produce faster turn around on features and also world class performance
- Design for high performance and scalability in order to ensure that the application is highly scalable and can support high volumes of traffic
- Help diagnose and resolve escalated production performance and stability issues.
- Contribute to deployment strategies with deployment engineers
- Mentor the e-commerce IT organization in understanding and adherence to architecture design standards and guidelines. Promote knowledge sharing within the technical communities.
- Work with QA team to set the load testing standards and participate in load testing to find performance bottlenecks as needed in the e-commerce application releases.
- Collaborate with DBAs, Network and Server administrators to ensure the system infrastructure is fully aligned with application needs.
- Advise eCommerce IT senior level managers and executives to provide technical expertise, and project direction.
- Identify, evaluate and conduct proof-of-concepts for new technologies and lead development of core architectural components.
Multiple years of experience in online or ecommerce technology, participating in Java software development and software architecture
- Seasoned ATG expertise (Commerce, Merch, Search/Endeca, CSC, ACI, BCC )
- Experience architecting high traffic, high scalability, high availability and eCommerce websites or other Internet transactional applications
- Experience with end-to-end application performance tuning, including back-end database layer, ATG, application server/web server layer and UI layer
- Experience working with distributed teams including offshore resources
- Experience in other technical areas such as networks, capacity planning, security, and integration preferred.
- Experience in the following technologies: Struts, Spring, Hibernate, etc. and J2EE technologies like JSP, Servlets, JMS, JMX, JDBC, JBoss, Websphere, Weblogic, Apache