Hadoop Big Data Architect will work within the investment banking division to lead high end software products/services involving large scale data processing data ingestion, in-stream analytics and batch analytics.
The individual for this position should have extensive knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Expertise in Business Requirement gathering, analysis and conceptualizing high-level architectural framework and design
- Must have experience in designing and architecting large scale distributed applications and data modelling for Big Data applications
- Thorough understanding of solution architecting and estimation process
- Excellent consulting skills, oral and written communication, presentation, and analytical skills. Ability to drive various architecture and design calls with different stakeholders and lead everyone to the best possible solution.
- More than 4+ years of experience in Big Data application development involving various data processing techniques Data Ingestion, In-Stream data processing, Batch Analytics, Data Persistence strategy (sharding & replication)
- More than 8+ years of experience designing, architecting Data Warehousing platforms
- Excellent knowledge, experience with the Hadoop stack (Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Hbase, Sqoop, Flume, Spark, Shark, Oozie, etc.).
- Experience of large-scale Hortonworks Hadoop solution design and implementation
- Knowledge of ActivePivot in-memory analytical solution
- Experience on any one of BI tools such as Cognos, Business Objects, Tableau, Qlikview
- Must have experience of working on various data integration tools like Talend, SSIS, Informatica for both ETL as well ELT processing.
- Excellent knowledge of relational database technologies with experience on databases such as Oracle or SQL Server.
- Active involvement in thought leadership best practices development, Written White Papers and/or POVs on Big Data Technology
- Self-starter, with a keen interest to grow in Analytics space
- Mentoring skills
- Awareness of In Memory Databases such as SAP HANA
- Experience of NoSQL platforms like MongoDB & Cassandra
- Solid exposure to traditional Data Warehousing, MPP data stores and experience on at least-one data stores like Redshift, Vertica, SAP Hana.
- Stream processing, Text processing, NLP
This advert was posted by Staffworx Limited – a UK based recruitment consultancy supporting the global E-commerce, software & consulting sectors. Services advertised by Staffworx are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.
Staffworx operate a referral scheme of £500 or new iPad for each successfully referred candidate, if you know of someone suitable please forward for consideration.