Commercial Lawyer – Commercial Contracts and Risk Manager- London (SE1)
Commercial, Corporate Lawyer or Legally astute Contracts Manager for London based international software and consulting group. Looking for a commercial lawyer to manage commercial contracts and risk management for sales, HR, recruitment with 5 years in commercial contracts drafting and negotiation. Knowledge of IT software services contracts or technology services a plus.
You will be the central point of contact for all contract matters for all entities globally legal and compliance matters in EMEA; using knowledge of contracts, rules and regulations to manage and improve group risk profile.
- Direct experience in reviewing, drafting and negotiating.
- Experience in information technology, consulting services, and software license agreements preferred.
- Excellent business writing, spelling, grammar, and proof-reading abilities and the ability to
convey complex legal terms and conditions and ideas clearly to employees at all levels.
- Proven ability to organize, multi-task, and prioritize with competing deadlines.
- Ability to build strong working relationships.
- Ability to make recommendations effective and efficient solutions.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change in a complex global organization.
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 or more years’ experience in contract drafting and negotiation.
- Demonstrated experience in contract management, contract drafting, direct negotiations, analysis and project management preferably in a global corporate environment.
- Experience working with technology and service contracts a plus.
- Ability to understand intellectual property and liability-related provisions in contracts.
- Must understand complex contract and legal terms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review contract, risk and compliance related questions in client RFPs, including any terms or
precedent setting provisions with contractual implications and ensuring the appropriate written policies are in place.
- Review, draft, analyse and negotiate all Client contracts including Master Services Agreements, Statements of Work (Non-Disclosure Agreements, Amendments, Change Requests and Partnership Agreements, as required)
- Review, draft, analyse and negotiate a broad range non-client contracts, cross-checking ability to meet all of the contractual obligations and ensuring that the risk profile of the contract is commensurate with the commercial gain. Contracts include long and short term contractor agreements and supplier contracts.
- Review, draft, analyse leases and licenses for the business, aiding the commercial lead in finalising the negotiation.
- Educate the business on best practice terminology and risk bearing provisions while drafting a Statement of Work or in managing to contract requirements for executed agreements.
- Where external legal advice is required in the UK, liaise with and manage external legal partners to reduce the cost of expert legal advice.
- Based on executed contracts, advise the business on how to comply with its obligations, any risks present in the contract, in particular confidentiality provisions and marketing restrictions.
- Create, manage and standardise contract management process across (including creating or evolving contract management tools, drafting new contract templates and educating and training the business in how to use each)
- Primary contact for project team and/or business unit, for any legal and contractual matters.
- Respond to inquiries related to contract status, structure, obligations and modifications.
- Provide regular reporting to senior management on client contract activity.
- Draft executive summaries which articulate, the initiative, strategy, contract entity, negotiation highlights, risk review, and financial value of a proposed contract.
- Continually keeping abreast with UK contract case law, and researching the law in any relevant jurisdictions where the contract or circumstances requires.
- Create, maintain and manage a risk register and advise the business on the basis of that register
as to what actions need to be taken in order for to minimise non-compliance and risk.
- Audit for its compliance with any obligations highlighted on the risk register in order to assess
the risk posed, the adequacy of any compliance measures and any improvements that can be
made to further reduce risk
- Create policies and incorporate cultural shifts in to ensure its compliance with its legal obligations.
- Train staff in new processes and procedures that are implemented as a result of any of the above activities and help educate or train clients where requested.
- Manage the partnership agreement with Oracle ensuring compliance with their requirements.
- Advise various departments of the business on all legal/regulatory matters that arise, including in particular:
- Review and draft contentious HR documents and letters for EMEA including letters of termination and communications through ACAS and/or liaise with HR EMEA on such matters to mitigate HR risk.
- Research and advise EMEA HR on any amendments to UK employment law.
- Advise and help EMEA HR develop and draft HR policies consistent across
Sales and Marketing:
- Research, discuss and train the UK Sales and Marketing team in best practice with regards to branding, IP, and data protection.
- Create and advise the UK Sales and Marketing on its obligations to third parties’ and clients’ in regards to the marketing conditions or guidelines as contained in the client contract.
- Support and advise the EMEA Recruitment team in the creation and administration of new recruitment processes from a new way of managing contractors to the recruitment process itself.
- Work with the EMEA Recruitment team on ad hoc contractor issues including contractor contract drafting issues and tax liabilities.
If you’re interested in this opportunity, please email your latest CV, or call James for more information.
This advert was posted by Staffworx Limited – a UK based recruitment consultancy supporting the global E-commerce, software & consulting sectors.
Services advertised by Staffworx are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.
Staffworx operate a referral scheme of £500 or new iPad for each successfully referred candidate, if you know of someone suitable please forward for consideration