Focus on defining and delivering architectural solutions, structuring technology and engineering teams and managing large-scale technical delivery. You will also be responsible for thought leadership, driving the adoption of modern architecture and technology trends such as Microservices and DevOps and innovative engineering transformation at scale.
You will work closely with senior stakeholders to pitch, design and deliver solutions that will transform businesses, while also assuming the role of technical delivery lead for large scale distributed software engineering teams. Your key strengths will be in leading large-scale technical strategy, design, planning and delivery, driving best practices adoption, and ensuring the growth of teams and talent.
- A strong track record in consulting organisations with proven experience of interfacing with and advising senior client stakeholders up to the C Level
- Experience in defining technology strategies for clients, with a focus on modern architectures (layered, headless, microservices based, cloud-hosted)
- 8+ years of experience with a key focus on modern web applications and cloud services, ideally in large scale distributed microservice systems.
- 5+ years of multiple team management experience
- Excellent Knowledge in at least 50% of the mentioned technologies: Java, Kotlin, Typescript, React, NoSQL, Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm, REST, AWS, Lambda, GCP
- Deep understanding of service-oriented and microservices architectural patterns, troubleshooting methods and best practices.
- Knowledge of API first ecommerce / CMS solutions, including but not limited to commercetools, big commerce, shopify, elastic path, spryker, kibo, contentful, contentstack, algolia, fabric, fluent commerce, amplience, cloudinary
- Ensure stability, performance , scalability & security of the systems and services you own.
- Technical management and delivery experience of globally distributed engineering teams
- Strong presentation, pre-sales / solutioning skills and Agile Delivery experience
- Understanding of key Retail / consumer products business areas such as:
- Online trading / ecommerce / content (eshop, commerce basket, cms, campaigns, loyalty, search, promotions, personalisation, APIs, data layers, OMS, DAM, checkout, payment integration, order management, mobile app)
- Direct-to-Consumer & Marketplaces
- Omnichannel logistics (home delivery, click & collect, returns, etc.)
- In-store (POS systems, instore CX)
You will also have a proven track record of delivering enterprise scale engineering transformation projects using contemporary technologies and methodologies such as:
- Digital Customer Experience and Headless Commerce solutions
- Microservices architecture
- DevOps/Automation (CI, CD) for large scale delivery
- Architecture and Design knowledge of API gateways and integration
- Cloud Platform Architecture (AWS, GCP), CDN (CloudFront, Vercel, Akamai, Cedexis)
This advert was posted by Staffworx Limited – a UK based recruitment consultancy supporting the global E-commerce, software & consulting sectors. Services advertised by Staffworx are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Staffworx operate a referral scheme of £500 or new iPad for each successfully referred candidate, if you know of someone suitable, please forward for consideration