Leading IT Services company in Central London, looking for experienced Manager with strong Legal and Commercial understanding and IT services, software services contract experience (from a vendor or consultancy)
We welcome applicants with broad legal skills, however a main focus of the role will be providing legal and commercial support in the negotiation, drafting and support of commercial contracts with customers and suppliers. The role will be based in our UK office in London. Due to our wide geographic spread in region, in addition to speaking fluent English, any additional languages skills could be beneficial, but not essential.
You will be the go to person in UK / EMEA, effective working relationship with your colleagues across the EMEA (other offices in Germany, UAE, Spain) at all levels of the business will be critical to the success of the role.
- The preparation, and drafting of commercial contracts; including software support, IT Services, consulting services, licensing, support & maintenance, and implementation agreements.
- Monitoring of contract performance and compliance in accordance, contract management planning, risk management planning and compliance with organisational policies and procedures.
- Establishing and maintaining strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholders including the effective management of contract enquiries, issues, disputes, variations, risks and undertaking negotiations as required.
- Maintaining a high level of quality communication with commercial and legal teams throughout the negotiating and drafting process ensuring all necessary approvals are received and contract standards are maintained.
- Representing the group on meetings and calls and effectively advocating contractual position.
- Researching and analysing contractual issues and providing reports regarding contract activity, performance and SLAs.
- Anticipate and mitigate potential legal problems and develop strategies to reduce potential areas of risk.
- Provide practical advice and support to sales, finance, leadership and HR teams.
- Drive the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated experience (5+ years minimum) in a legal or contract management (or equivalent) role, in particular in software project implementation and enterprise software systems
- A legal qualification is desirable, however not essential
- demonstrated experience in stakeholder management.
- Strong deal-making skills that go beyond negotiating legal terms and resolving contractual and legal issues
- Ability to change complex legal and compliance requirements into flexible business solutions.
- Detail-orientation and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Experience in advising on commercial and compliance issues.
- Ability to deliver in a demanding and entrepreneurial environment in a timely manner.
- Hands-on team player who is happy to roll up their sleeves.