Search Specialist, onsite search, ecommerce, Midlands. contract, immediate start
Responsible for making improvements to internal search, optimizing the user experience and implementing the internal site search strategy in Search Platform through item attributes, thesaurus, synonyms, auto-phrase and redirect search configurations. These owned Search solutions will provide a fine-tuned search experience to drive online sales and contribute to increased search conversion rates
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- eCommerce Search Optmisation specialist for Search Tools (Oracle Endeca, Elastic Search, Rich Relevance, SOLR) and other relevant tools and processes for search analysis
- Set dashboards up for current onsite search performance (top level and detailed keyword analysis)
- Identify where improvements are required
- Action all areas of possible optimisation
- Have a solid understanding of onsite search capabilities and technical setup would be most beneficial
- Aligning with merchants and business partners to identify ways of improving the on-site search experience, and conversion strategies that vary across categories
- Provide regular consulting expertise on search optimization for site improvement projects
- Follow and incorporate industry standards/best practices for successful implementation
- Search Strategies, Keyword Search, Taxonomies, Dictionary Optimisation
- Perform frequent & ongoing search tuning and make adjustments based on trends and relevancy
- Address null and/or low-performing search results, and identify opportunities for improvement
- Advanced search and navigation capabilities
- Provide strategic recommendations across the business to leverage internal search activity
- Manage builds and deployment of Search indexes across multiple environments
- Search Terms Analysis, Key Word Analysis, PIM products/Departments Ranking, Categories etc, Search Fine Tuning, Search Analysis, search tuning, search test environment
- Work with development teams on best practices for coding, integration, and testing
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, possess exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills, and make a positive contribution to a team environment.
- Experience with Enterprise based search and navigation capabilities B2C & B2B sites (Oracle Endeca, SOLR, ElasticSearch, Rich Relevance)
- Search relevance tuning experience as well as benchmarking
- Large retailer experience preferred
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Experience with at least one enterprise-level analytics tool
- Ecommerce/eRetail supporting reporting on check-out process, event-driven promotions, mobile technologies, retail sales and other eRetail initiatives
If you’re interested in this opportunity, please email your latest CV, or call James for more information.
This advert was posted by Staffworx Limited – a UK based recruitment consultancy supporting the global E-commerce, software & consulting sectors. Services advertised by Staffworx are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.
Staffworx operate a referral scheme of £500 or new iPad for each successfully referred candidate, if you know of someone suitable please forward for consideration.