B2C eCommerce Merchandising & Content Manager responsible for the over-all site merchandising through compelling product pages optimized for search and shopping. This person will utilize a broad digital skillset to deliver optimized experiences and targeted cross-sell and upsell offers to customers as they visit the website, developing and executing onsite sales and promotions and applying learnings to impact the user experience. This is a varied role also requiring the ability to manage content for the site
- Responsible for updating the online product catalog, setting up new products and price/promotion management and managing product media gallery
- Ensure that all products bought are made live on the site on a timely basis and featured appropriately on home, landing, and category pages; as well as categorizing products within navigation structure including photography, copy, pricing, inventory.
- Understands the overall online merchandising strategy for each product category including web exclusives to create a unique and compelling product offering.
- Executes the cross-sell and up-sell strategy for each item that is displayed on the web site to generate additional sales.
- Manage all online store configurations and SEO configurations
- Leverages web analytics to understand performance of and customer interaction with categories, featured placements (including promotions/sales) and general online shopping experiences to identify business opportunities and risks including monitoring/tracking progress on key metrics of product performance, search performance, etc.
- Proactively identifies opportunities in the assortment for growth/decline by category based on market trends, competitive landscape, and historical performance.
- Participates and contributes to meetings with planning team to ensure the inventory plan and sales review meetings
- Responsible for regularly producing a balance of informative and inspirational content, designed to aid conversion and drive traffic to the website and managing of such content on the site including page layouts and display
- Responsible for driving the overall content strategy of the site
- Liaise with external agencies and content writers to ensure brand consistency as required
- Leverage keyword research, analytics and SEO tools in order identify content gaps and appropriate content refresh
- Review existing content on website(s) and advise on strategies to refresh or better optimize
- Responsible for coordinating asset creation and managing assets on the site
- Responsible for moderating social and user generated content as necessary
- 3-5 years of related experience and a proven track record of E-commerce success
- Strategic thinking, financial acumen, marketing analytics understanding
- Good creative writing skills and ability to write persuasive copy
- Project Management skills.
- Ability to quickly gain proficiency with Back End tools including using Content Management System and Google analytics
- Skilled in using Microsoft excel to manipulate large data sets
- Bachelor s Degree, MBA preferre
This advert was posted by Staffworx Limited – a UK based recruitment consultancy supporting the global E-commerce, software & consulting sectors.