GCP DevOps Engineer is required for an initial 6-month contract at a leading Bank based in London who is going through a major engineering transformation programme
Remote / Work from home for initial 3 months of assignment, then in London offices.
You will come from a coding, development background, understand the entire DevOps toolchain from a quality perspective, and have the ability to work as a team, mentoring and assisting others when necessary.
- Jenkins, Git, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm Chart
Nice to have
- Google BigQuery
- DBT, Argo
- Good understanding of PaaS infrastructure, preferably Cloud foundry, with understanding around build packs is a must
- Good understanding of leading CI platform, eg. Jenkins 2.0/Travis and/or Circle CI Jenkins, in particular, building pipelines and pipeline as a code
- Experience with containers, Kubernetes Good Understanding is required around application build tools – npm/maven/gulp/Gradle
- Working knowledge of Non-functional, functional and unit test frameworks and tools used during software development is required
- Working knowledge of Application Server and Java containers is required
- Basic infrastructure knowledge – Operating system, VM’s, Containers, Proxy, Nginx is expected Node.js is desirable
- Understanding of application deployment orchestration tools
- BigQuery, DBT and Argo are desirable
This assignment will fall within scope of IR35 legislation and appropriate umbrella company should be utilised during this assignment.
This advert was posted by Staffworx Limited – a UK based recruitment consultancy supporting the global E-commerce, software & consulting sectors. Services advertised by Staffworx are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.
Staffworx operate a referral scheme of £500 or new iPad for each successfully referred candidate, if you know of someone suitable please forward for consideration