Java eCommerce API Solutions Architect (20% travel & work from home option), Partner Solutions and Enablement (Professional Services) – Reading office, flexible working, home based options, however excellent work life balance.
As a Solutions Architect, you will bring your extensive experience designing and deploying software solutions for enterprise customers to our E-commerce projects. In this role you will work directly with customers, system integrators and our own professional services teams to identify solution requirements, turn those requirements into a detailed, implementable architecture and work with developers to deliver the solution. Your excellent Java development skills will be needed to properly understand the E-commerce platform and you will get your hands dirty with the code base as part of your training and on an ongoing basis.
Market leading E-commerce products provider, the world’s most sophisticated API-based enterprise commerce platform. The company’s flagship product has helped the world’s biggest brands generate $45 billion in over 170 countries. Customers from industries as diverse as travel, telecoms, publishing, software and retail enjoy the benefits of a flexible, open architecture that drives brand-defining customer experiences.
20 years old as an organisation and proud to have some very prominent enterprise customers and partners. We have a very lean and flat organization that enables people to do their jobs with full autonomy and the support of a small and approachable executive team.
With flexible working, home and office based working patterns, open office concept encourages conversation & collaboration. Offering a flexible work environment that fits with your lifestyle
What impact will you have?
- Lead high-level requirements-gathering with customers to help identify and prioritize solution requirements
- Provide guidance on design alternatives and their implications (function, cost, complexity etc.) to select the most appropriate design
- Convert the high-level requirements into a complete solutions architecture that the development team can implement. The architecture will specify necessary extensions to existing software products components and/or APIs, integrations with external systems, deployment topology, and so forth
- Communicate the architecture to project stakeholders
- Transition the project to the development team, explain the design and remain available to address questions or problems that arise during implementation
- Participate in constructing architecturally significant aspects of the solution when required
- Assist with pre- and post-sales guidance, time and budget estimates, and the design and coding of proof-of-concept solutions
- Be an architectural and design resource for professional service projects, clients and partners
- Be a strong advocate for the client’s technical needs
- Improve efficiency and reduce cost of client projects through identification and harvesting of reusable components
- 10+ years relevant experience which includes 5+ years’ experience as an architect designing complex solutions for mid-size and enterprise companies
- Experience working directly with customers and partners in service/consulting engagements at all levels
- Significant development and delivery experience with large-scale Java and cloud based solutions, SaaS, PaaS, distributed microservices architectures .
- Solid knowledge of advanced software engineering techniques, specifically with Java background (Java8, Java Spring Boot) & Node.js.
- Linux operating systems knowledge
- Familiarity with UI/UX, CSS, HTML, JS, React, node and other web technologies.
- Java and Spring Framework in an Agile environment
- Microservices, SOA architectures
- Drive best practices adoption
- Mentor and coach to ensure growth of teams
- Cloud (AWS, Google or similar)
- Solid understanding of APIs, Microservices architecture and platforms
- Good knowledge of application security and performance
- Can drive quality and innovation with team, build things that can scale
- Can articulate and document complex things in a simple, structured and concise way for senior stakeholders
- Agile Delivery experience, DevOps, Automation, CI/CD, containerisation, Kubernetes, Docker etc
- Experience of working in an Agile teams agile tools including JIRA and Confluence
- Dependency injection and inversion of control is second nature
- Ability to manage source code changes in Git, and build source code with Apache Maven
- Experience building and consuming RESTful APIs & services and an understanding of HATEOAS
- Strong Object Oriented design skills and solid knowledge of software design patterns
- Knowledge of Enterprise Integration
- TDD/TDD) experience
- Experience with other E-Commerce applications or products
- Confidence to lead through change in a fast paced and occasionally ambiguous environment
- Ability to travel to client sites as required (approx. 20%)
We’ll reward your effort and remarkable contribution with:
- Excellent salary, strong bonus scheme, £1,500 per person annual training allowance
- Gym allowance, medical insurance, life assurance, dental and pension plan
- Our recognition bonuses from the Executive Team and our peer to peer monthly awards
- Training allowances and a philosophy to promote from within the company
- Corporate fun days to celebrate our successes and volunteer days so you can give back to the community
This advert was posted by Staffworx Limited – a UK based recruitment consultancy supporting the global E-commerce, software & consulting sectors.