Java architect (DevOps) Lead Engineer – Reading, Berks, to £95K + bonus, bens
Lead Java Engineer / DevOps Architect will develop our Full Stack Java / Kotlin based DevOps and Automation capability supporting the company’s journey to become a B2C business.
- Develop the DevOps and automation capability for continuous delivery and continuous integration of digital products and projects aligned with the overall digital delivery framework.
- Contribute to establishment and support execution of a portfolio of proofs of concept and digital projects ensuring that outcomes meet expectations regarding company improvement.
- Excellent functional leadership of architecture resources working on the portfolio of projects and proof of concepts.
- Continuous professional development: professionally develop self by seeking out educational opportunities, keeping abreast of professional standards and publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
Knowledge & Experience Required
- Degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experienced in building B2B, B2C websites with in-depth understanding of Java / Kotlin frameworks.
- Knowledge in Content Management Systems like Sitecore, WordPress, Drupal, Product Management Systems like Hybris PIM, CRM tools like SugarCRM.
- Experience in Docker compose, Docker swarm, Kubernetes, Google Kubernetes Engine , along with cloud platforms like Azure and GCP is a must.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with managing, setting up, and provisioning projects in Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI etc.);
- Knowledge on popular TDD, BDD Testing Frameworks (Jest, Mocha/Chai/Should.js, Enzyme,)
- Hands-on experience in provision tools like terraform, Ansible would be an added advantage.
- Experienced in API development, Microservices Architecture, Service Mesh Architecture, Contention/Priority management
- Experience in agile development (SCRUM, Kanban) and implementation of digital platforms and product marketplaces.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in development of DevOps and automation solutions to streamline the development process;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience setting up Git repositories for projects, managing multiple projects’ workflows, and troubleshooting complex issues with Git;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Jira/Confluence;
- Experience at full lifecycle; from bid to operational life systems
- Experienced with Web security and encryption
- Experience working with mixed onshore/offshore/distributed/in-house and partner combinations.
#javadevops #continuousintegration #continuousdeployment #devops #automation #springboot #kotlin
This advert was posted by Staffworx Limited – a UK based recruitment consultancy supporting the global E-commerce, software & consulting sectors.
Services advertised by Staffworx are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Staffworx operate a referral scheme of £500 or new iPad for each successfully referred candidate, if you know of someone suitable please forward for consideration