Java Developer, software engineering specialist in java, kotlin, API and microservices for leading ecommerce environments
Working on cutting edge API solutions that allow customers to integrate ecommerce into their products, services,and websites in unique and cutting-edge ways. Implementing microservices for the future of commerce. Join a company with a rich heritage of developing commerce solutions for some of the world’s leading eCommerce and consumer products companies.
We are seeking experienced java based software engineers, ideally with kotlin server side experience to help us implement and deploy commerce APIs to be used by many different types of rich client applications. The APIs will be used to create shopping experiences for a wide and global customer base.
The successful software engineer will not only be involved in the creation of the services but also contribute to the tools used to orchestrate and run the services at high scale and resilience. Senior engineers will be expect to be capable of mentoring other team members and leading the technical aspects of a project. Solutions created will use the most appropriate tools for the job, the Java Kotlin ecosystem is widely used. CI/CD with Docker and container orchestration engines such as Kubernetes are used for application deployment. This is a true DevOps culture with core development and operations.
- Extensive professional experience (5+ years) in software development with Java
- Extensive experience working on eCommerce systems
- Experience leading others and making key technical decisions
- Clear architectural decision making expertise
- Fundamental desire to learn about new technologies and concep
- Experience building microservices
- Experience building solutions with commercetools
- Experience with containerisation and orchestration tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Server side development with Kotlin and frameworks such as spring, Vert.x, Ktor, Heroku and kotlin java interoperability
This advert was posted by Staffworx Limited – a UK based recruitment consultancy supporting the global E-commerce, software & consulting sectors.
Services advertised by Staffworx are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.
Staffworx operate a referral scheme of £500 or new iPad for each successfully referred candidate, if you know of someone suitable please forward for consideration