Responsible for the design and implementation of applications build, release, deployment, and configuration activities in pure agile software environment including partners to gather requirements, prototyping, architecting, implementing/updating solutions, building and executing test plans, performing quality reviews, managing operations, and triaging and fixing operational issues.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Working on DevOps strategy at an application level
- Drive to true modern DevOps culture
- Estimate time frames, quality and quantity of resources required to successfully implement projects; develop project plans incorporating all project variables including risk.
- Establish measurable criteria concerning deliverability, performance, maintenance, design and costs
- Lead the translation of business requirements into systems design
- Demonstrate expert level proficiency in Shell Scripting and in one or more of the open source scripting languages Groovy and Python.
- Hands on skills and project experience with Automated package delivery tools – one or more of Ansible, Chef or Puppet.
- Good understanding of Jenkins 2.0
- Hands on skills and project experience with the following application build tools – Npm or Gulp AND Maven or Gradle
- Working knowledge of Junit and/or Jasmine non-functional, functional and unit test frameworks and tools.
- Strong awareness of the software build cycle
- Strong awareness of security considerations and security tools used to integrate with the build pipeline covering OWASP top 10
- Working knowledge of Tomcat and Websphere application servers and java containers
- Basic infrastructure knowledge – Operating Systems, VM s, Containers, Proxy, Nginx
- Willingness to drive to true modern devops culture
- An ability to act as a mentor to other engineers
- Passion for code quality. A strong understanding of the entire Devops tool chain from a quality perspective
- Good understanding of PaaS and Container infrastructure, preferably Cloud foundry and Kubernetes.
- Understanding of buildpacks and how to access containers
- Experience of working with cloud providers (eg AWS)
- Experience working with Travis and/or Circle CI
- Understanding of application deployment orchestration tools such as UrbanCode deploy
- Experience working with client’s IT organization to establish devops strategy at an application level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as presentation skills