Hybris Architect who can take up the role of a technical “hands on” manager and grow a team around them. Leading eCommerce company looking to rapidly expand its core eCommerce development team.
A fantastic opportunity with a rare opportunity the grow a team around you. As a SAP Hybris Architect you will be key in the scoping, designing, and the ultimate delivery of the SAP Hybris platform implementations.
You will participate in the overall strategy, standardisation, analysis, design, and implementation of client initiatives and you will work closely with clients to solve crucial commerce business needs by building upon the Hybris platform, often by running technical Discovery engagements.
This position will require advanced technical depth and experience, technical leadership, and multi-faceted communication skills.
You will be involved in the full project lifecycle from analysis and planning to development and deployment, as well as assisting with pre-sales opportunities.
You will be expected to coach, guide and develop the teams using your knowledge and experience of previous technologies and development practices to contribute to the team’s continual improvement.
You will collaborate closely with the team’s senior management and support project teams, developing a close working relationship with Delivery Managers, QA Leads, BAs and Lead Developers to ensure teams meet the required quality standards and committed timeframes for their projects.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work with client stakeholders to understand business drivers, ensure usability, scalability and satisfaction and act as liaison between the client, technical and design teams
- Provide direction to the implementation teams on all technical aspects when support is required and provide analytical expertise in identifying, evaluating, and documenting system requirements
- Lead workshops for solution design and architecture
- Collaborate with Delivery Managers in project delivery planning, applying knowledge of the requirements and past project delivery experience to help identify risks and prioritise tasks
- Ensure quality and relevance of user requirements, functional specifications and technical specifications to ensure projects are delivered successfully
- Support of all team members to develop their technical and eCommerce domain knowledge
- Provide support in technical proof of concept engagement and effort assessments
- Manage technical aspects of the transition of solutions into live use
- Improve technical practices across the business, ensuring adherence to them and taking ownership of the non-development technical tasks such as project initiation, deployment processes, etc.
- Collaborate with other senior members of the eCommerce practice to improve working processes and support business growth
- Along with other Architects, be ultimately accountable for the quality of the work delivered by the eCommerce practice
- Collaborate with remote delivery teams
Qualification & Skills Requirements
The successful candidate will ideally possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- 4+ years of hands-on coding experience with SAP Hybris
- 2+ years in Hybris/e-Commerce architecture, systems integration and development, package implementation, with knowledge of multiple technologies and interactive design
- 7+ years Java experience
- Hands-on customer facing management and technical delivery experience
- Passion for delivering quality software solutions
- Methodical and structured approach with eye for detail and quality
- Excellent investigative and problem-solving abilities
- Work well individually or as part of a team, irrespective of team size
- Self-starter willing and able to take ownership and assume responsibility
- Ability to manage own and others time, prioritise and meet tight deadlines and support others to do the same
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills
- Excellent communication skills at both technical and non-technical level and the ability to communicate with and present to clients
- Enthusiastic, passionate and quick learner, with the desire to broaden knowledge and expand skills
This advert was posted by Staffworx Limited – a UK based recruitment consultancy supporting the global E-commerce, software & consulting sectors. Services advertised by Staffworx are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.
Staffworx operate a referral scheme of £500 or new iPad for each successfully referred candidate, if you know of someone suitable please forward for consideration