Senior Technical Solutions Architect Edinburgh – long term contract, excellent rates
As Technical Architect you have a solid technical background in Java and web development technologies and the role requires someone who is inspirational, with the drive and ability to achieve tangible, measurable results.
- Work closely with stakeholders to design full stack, Java, node, React micro-services technical solution
- Lead large scale technical design, planning & delivery
- Drive best practices adoption
- Mentor and coach to ensure growth of teams
- Instil a long term vision to drive technology transformation over multiple stages/deliveries
- Instil a big picture and longer term view of enterprise application engineering
- Accumulate on going knowledge of the latest technology
- Strong Java background
- Good understanding on technology like React, Redux, Spring boot, Hibernate, NodeJS
- Software architecture and design, things like SOLID, DRY, DAMP, etc
- Solid understanding of MSA (micro service architecture), REST, SOA
- Experience with integrating with middleware using SOAP, etc.
- Good understanding of Oracle database technologies
- Exposure to Big Data, Cassandra, Hadoop, Kafka and Storm.
- Good knowledge of application security and performance
- Can drive quality and innovation with team, build things that can scale
- Can articulate and document complex things in a simple, structured and concise way for senior stakeholders
- Can run workshops and drive conversation with senior stakeholders and architects
- Strong architectural knowledge with two or more of Micro-services, 12 Factor Applications, Event Driven architectures, messaging architectures
- Agile Delivery experience
- DevOps/Automation experience (CI, CD, Aggregated Logging & Metrics)
- QA experience (eg Test Pyramid, Automated Testing)
- Experience of working in an Agile teams with CI/CD, DevOps Pipeline and Atlassian products eg JIRA and Confluence
This advert was posted by Staffworx Limited – a UK based recruitment consultancy supporting the global E-commerce, software & consulting sectors. Services advertised by Staffworx are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.
Staffworx operate a referral scheme of £500 or new iPad for each successfully referred candidate, if you know of someone suitable please forward for consideration